Hunstanton, North Norfolk
All the fun of the fair: the traditional fair still stands on the promenade, complete with big dipper and the ghost train. Stroll along the prom prom prom, grab a ’99’ and wander away the day. Rainy day bowling at Bowlers on The Green. The Wash Monster, one of four vessels providing fantastic trips along the coastline or to Seal Island out in The Wash, giving you great views back towards the coast, (departs from the promenade daily). Donkey rides, you don’t get any closer to seaside traditions. A trip round town on the Land Train. Grabbing a stick of rock to take home. Hours of fun on the water slide at Oasis Leisure Centre. Near to 100 million years of history in the striped cliffs which line the beach. Tributes galore, including ABBA, The Rolling Stones, T.Rex and Queen, throughout the year at The Princess Theatre. Norfolk Deli, local ‘Best Independent Food and Drink Retailer’ winner. The all new, Hunstanton SEA LIFE Sanctuary, fully refurbished last year following the tidal surge in 2013.
Perfect Beach For: Hunting for fossils in the fallen rocks and cliffs or exploring the rock pools at low tide.
Lifeguard Service: Beach Patrol Service run by West Norfolk Borough Council.
Dog Friendly: Dog are not allowed on the beach between the cliffs and power boat launch ramp south of the fairground from April 10th and October 31st.
Did you know?
Hunstanton is home to Britain’s largest joke shop, World of Fun, packed to the rafters with the likes of itching powder and whoopie cushions.
Key Events Hunstanton
Hunstanton Carnival 29th – 30th June 2019
Hunstanton Lawn Tennis Tournament 18th August – 24th August 2019
Hunstanton Kite Festival 18th August 2019
Hunstanton Soap box Derby 22nd September 2019
Coasthliner bus stops
You’ll find Coasthopper stops at:
- Collingwood Road, Hunstanton
- Park Road, Hunstanton
- The Bus Station, Hunstanton
- Lincoln Square, Hunstanton
- Lighthouse Close, Hunstanton
Check out Coastline times here
Hunstanton Car Parks
You’ll find car parks at the following locations:
- 49 Seagate Rd, Hunstanton PE36 5BH
- Tesco Car Park, Hunstanton PE36 5BT
- 4 Beach Terrace Rd, Hunstanton PE36 5BQ
- 12 St Edmund’s Terrace, Hunstanton PE36 5EH
- 2 Cliff Parade, Hunstanton PE36 6DZ
- Cliff Top, 5 Lighthouse Cl, Hunstanton PE36 6EL
View a map of all Hunstanton car parks here.
Hunstanton Public Toilets
You’ll find public toilets at the folloing locations:
- Seagate Road South Public Toilets
- Lincoln Square Public Toilets
- North Promenade Public Toilets
- Seagate Road North Public Toilets
- Hustanton Bus Staition Public Toilets
View a map of all Hunstanton Public Toilets here.
South < Heacham