Wells next the Sea, North Norfolk
Catch a swinner; Wells is a great spot to do some crabbing (gillying as it is known locally). Salt and vinegar sprinkled over hot fish and chips on the Quay. Hiring a hut on Wells Beach, call Pinewoods for details. Catching the Light Railway to Walsingham, you can find it just outside Wells on the coast road. A walk on the beach with the dog followed by a Wash n Wag self service dog wash at The Beach Cafe. Woodfired pizza in the courtyard at The Globe. An eye catching collection of printmakers work at Quay Art. Freshly caught, local seafood at Wells Crab House. Taking the alpacas for a walk around the Town. Stargazing from outside in the copper soak tubs in the rooms at The Crown Hotel. Finding the quiet courtyard at BANG in Wells for a spot of lunch in the sun. Bagging yourself a new house plant or to from Bringing the outside in.
Wells next the Sea Beach
Perfect Beach For: Exploring the Pinewoods then relaxing in one of the many rented beach huts.
Lifeguard Service: RNLI Beach Lifeguards on duty during the peak summer months. Port of Wells patrol from the water at high tide during the peak summer months.
Dog Friendly: Yes, dogs are allowed on the beach left of the second set of steps all year round.
Did you know?
The Wells and Walsingham light railway is the longest narrow gauge steam railway in the world.
Key Events Wells next the Sea
Wells Carnival 30th July 2021 – 8th August 2021
North Norfolk Triathlon 19th September 2021
Wells Christmas Tide 4th December 2021
Coasthliner bus stops
You’ll find Coastliner stops at:
- Mainsale Yard, Wells-next-the-Sea
- The Captain’s Table, Wells-next-the-Sea
- Northfield Lane, Wells-next-the-Sea
- The Buttlands, Wells-next-the-Sea
- Park Road, Wells-next-the-Sea
- High Street, Wells-next-the-Sea
- Grove Road, Wells-next-the-Sea
- The Light Railway, Wells-next-the-Sea
Check out Coastliner times here.
Wells next the Sea Car Parks
You’ll find car parks at the following locations:
- 49 Seagate Rd, Hunstanton PE36 5BH
- Tesco Car Park, Hunstanton PE36 5BT
- 4 Beach Terrace Rd, Hunstanton PE36 5BQ
- 12 St Edmund’s Terrace, Hunstanton PE36 5EH
- 2 Cliff Parade, Hunstanton PE36 6DZ
- Cliff Top, 5 Lighthouse Cl, Hunstanton PE36 6EL
View a map of all Wells next the Sea car parks
Wells next the Sea Public Toilets
You’ll find public toilets at the following locations:
- Lincoln Square Public Toilets
- North Promenade Public Toilets
- Seagate Road North Public Toilets
- Hustanton Bus Staition Public Toilets
View a map of all Hunstanton Public Toilets here.
South < Heacham